Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wellness Wednesday --Begin at the Beginning

Wellness in every area --mind, body, and spirit -- is God’s desire for us. But God is not a puppet-master, pulling our strings, making us do things that are good for us. He has given us a free will which then leaves a burden on us to look for ways to bring that wellness into our lives as much as possible. Through His grace and Holy Spirit, He gives us wisdom to seek out everything needful to bring wholeness and healing to our lives.

I know this to be true --it has happened in my own life. I am a completely different person than I was a decade ago. I was broken in all areas; mind, body, and spirit --and got sick and tired of being sick and tired in all those areas. God said He had a good plan for me and I wanted to find out what that really meant.

Through this seeking, I have found so many good ways to improve my life. God DOES indeed desire us to have a good life, full of health, vitality, and happiness! Hopefully, my goal for Wednesdays is to bring a little tip of info on improving each of the three areas that make up who we are: mind, body, and spirit. I do not claim to be a professional expert in any of these areas, but I will be able to tell you what has worked for me. I have made some mistakes, but have also seen some great results along the way in all areas of my life.

“Where sin abounds, grace therefore doth much more abound” --(Rom 5:20b)

Doesn’t matter what the Enemy may have in mind for us; God has a plan and it is SUPER-abounding! Let’s strive to find out God’s plan and work to line up with what the Word says is ours in Christ in each area of our lives: mind, body, and spirit.

So let’s start by establishing the fact that God does indeed want us to prosper in our lives. I began my search through the Scriptures by challenging what I had heard from other people: I went to Deuteronomy and saw the list of all the blessings (chapter 28). I was told that these were for us today. But how? We weren’t under the Old Covenant, we weren’t part of the followers of Moses; how could any of this really pertain to us, and if it was, isn’t it all kind of “iffy” anyway? “IF you diligently obey….THEN God will do such-and-such…” How did this work well for us, I prayed. Then the Lord directed me to the book of Romans. Romans 11:17 says that we (New Testament believers) are “a wild olive tree, grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the same root and fatness of the olive tree.” Ah, there it is! We have the same root and fatness of the olive tree (the Hebrew nation), and the finished work of Jesus means we don’t even have to work for it --it is ours through Christ!

Again….”where sin abounds, grace therefore doth much more abound” --SUPER-abounding!

So, that’s where we begin. At the beginning. Meditate on the goodness of God, how much He loves you, that He wants goodness super-abounding in your life. Next week will be our first tip on one particular area.

2 comments:

  1. Our spiritual health is the most important wellness. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, indeed --if all is well there, the rest will have an easier time falling into line :) Thanks for the comment, Vicki :)

    ReplyDelete